A Cloud Architect at transACT Technology Solutions will have the opportunity to participate in customer projects, such as new infrastructure builds and migrations, and big data. Day-to-day hands-on work can be from implementing CM infrastructure, to taking a step back and giving workshops and design recommendations to a technical team. Furthermore, you will become a trusted advisor for high-profile enterprises and jointly manage the customer relationship and roadmap with the transACT Sales team.
The Role Specifics
The Cloud Architect will:
- Lead the development of cloud solutions for our clients, within budget and on time;
- Design, implement and maintain cloud native services;
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and develop new technologies;
- Manage stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Ensure adherence to relevant policies and standards;
- Providing pre-sales support and development of proposals;
- Ensure solutions can be delivered and implemented by providing ongoing support, quality assurance and ownership of solutions throughout project lifecycle.
Who we are looking for:
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to use your own initiative to work independently and proactively manage your own workload and time;
- You will have public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS). GCP and/or Azure are a plus;
- You will have a natural willingness to be flexible, adapt to changing needs and take on new tasks as required;
- You will be confident in speaking with our customers and have a professional and clear communication manner (written and verbal);
- You will engage with our sector and be keen to make a valuable contribution to our organisation;
- Have an understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware, OpenStack, or Hyper-V);
- You should have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualizing, strategizing, and architecting cloud solutions;
- A background in Linux/Windows system administrator or backend development;
- You will have knowledge of Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar), Container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm) and at least 1 programming language;
- Minimum AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification (essential).